Why Join NFMA?
The Nebraska Farmers’ Market Association (NFMA) is a member-based, statewide association with a mission to advance farmers markets to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products. Your membership supports the work of this association and gives strength to the association’s voice.
Member Benefits Provide a Reason to Join:
- Reduced Rates. Receive reduced rates at NFMA educational programs and events.
- Special Offers. Members-only offers on Rapid Market Assessments and market evaluation services.
- Voting Privileges. Active farmers market and farmer/vendor members have the opportunity to elect the Board of Directors and vote on other issues that may come before the membership.
- Policy Voice. NFMA advocates for state and federal policies that support farmers markets.
- Up-to-date Information. Receive information on all Nebraska farmers’ market happenings through quarterly e-newsletters and the farmers’ market listserv.
- Classified Ads. Complimentary classified ads in the NFMA e-newsletters.
- Promotion. All members can submit up to three events per month. We will promote your events on our calendar of events, our website and our quarterly newsletter.
- Networking. Join the community of NFMA members dedicated to the mission of advancing Nebraska farmers markets. Learn from other members through networking and peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Membership Directory. A yearly directory of current NFMA members distributed at the NFMA annual meeting.
- Access to a volunteer team of farmers’ market practitioners (NFMA Board, staff and/or committee members) to answer your questions.
- Involvement. Volunteer and Committee membership opportunities to help shape the Association and its programs and services.